View Profile davetroyer

1 Movie Review

I like the attention you put into the characters animation. It helped to define the character to those who've never seen your work before. I would've like to see the same attention to detail and subtle animation go into the introduction of the dragon character rather than the basic slide in from the shadows. The punchline to the animation was pretty good, though a slightly longer awkward pause would've been nice.

All in all, I enjoyed the animated short. Thanks for making it. :)

Jom responds:

Thanks for the review man! :)

3 Art Reviews

I really like this one; good job!

The only thing I would change is maybe tone back the screen effects (glare and scan-lines) to help clarify it a little, but I could see myself playing a modern Duck Hunt with a similar art style.

Nice work! I like your use of blur to create a depth and perspective to the scene; not easy to do for space!

I like the effort you went into for this animation and the level of detail you put into pixel art; very nice.

The one thing I would like to see is more exaggerated weight in the animation. She's using her wings to lift off the ground so maybe some more leaning forward of her upper torso as shes right now mostly just standing up straight as she moves and it feels less natural.

That aside, like I said, nice detail in the sprite and some good things going on in the wing frames.

ThumbsDown responds:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take note of this the next time I attempt something similar ^^

Illustrator